Re: [NTLK] All of this talk

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 16:27:14 EDT

On 22/07/02 15:41, "Jason Sommers" <sommersj2_at_msn.com> wrote:

> All of this talk about having to pay for a service. I am sad to say that I
> have been using a PC for the past two years. I am not happy about that. I
> would much rather be using a Mac but being a college student I cannot affort
> the Mac. I have to agree they make a great computer and operation system. But
> I really don't think that were are here to complain about Apple's choice to
> charge for the iTools or for that matter the .mac address. We have to remember
> that Apple is a business and they are here to make money other wise we would
> all have the fasted G4 and Powerbook. Could we please get back to the talk of
> the Newton.
>
> I am very happy to be getting back to the Newton. I have tried the Palm,
> Pocket PC and a few others including the good old fashion paper planner, but
> after all of my testing I am happy to report that I am going back to my
> Newton. I have just purchased a Newton 2000 upgraded to a 2100. I would just
> like to know where I can get some great applications for it so that I can get
> back into the swing of the Newton.

Check on UNNA <http://www.unna.org>, or one of its mirror
<http://philly.unna.org>, <http://newyork.unna.org> or, if you're in
Germany, <http://de.unna.org>.

-Laurent.

Get a life! imp.: Hacker-standard way of suggesting that the person to whom
it is directed has succumbed to terminal geekdom (see geek). Often heard on
Usenet, esp. as a way of suggesting that the target is taking some obscure
issue of theology too seriously. This exhortation was popularized by William
Shatner on a 1987 "Saturday Night Live" episode in a speech that ended "Get
a life!", but some respondents believe it to have been in use before then.
It was certainly in wide use among hackers for years before achieving
mainstream currency via the sitcom "Get A Life" in 1990.