Re: [NTLK] Geez people, freaking get over it

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 17:16:58 EDT

>I completely agree with others here that Apple pulled an unethical move =
>-- possibly illegal? -- by switching iTools from a free to fee based =
>service. At the very least, they should have stopped any new iTools =
>accounts and grandfathered in existing users, while all new purchases =
>would have to use the .mac fee based service.

If you could find something in writing that iTools would remain a free service and operate in perpituity, I might be inclined to agree with you. But even if you *could* find such a statement: iTools is ending, and .Mac is a new, completely seperate service, that offers many of the same features and more.

I wouldn't expect anyone to be familair with the letter of the law on business practices, but let's try to keep some perspective here: just because a business does something you don't like or that might cost you money should you make the choice to continue using its' goods or services doesn't necessarily make it either illegal or unethical.

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net