Re: [NTLK] Goodbye NewtonTalk

From: Joshua Johnston (flagg_at_midmaine.com)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 11:40:39 EDT

Actually, I have a little (tiny) amount of insight as to why Johnathan
had to get rid of his Newton. He said to me that he needed something
smaller, which I can see as a valid problem with the Newton. The Newton
may indeed be better in many aspects, but size-wise it just can't quite
hack it if you have to carry many other electronics with you on a daily
basis. For example, I like to take my Newton with me when I go places,
but the only pockets it'll fit in are the ones on the side of my cargo
pants, and it drags them down so they almost come off my ass. I'm not a
plumber, so...

And don't worry, Johnathan's Newton has found a good home: I'm the one
that got it. We traded my IIIc for his Newton, after I actually posted
to this list looking for someone to do that with. Once I find some
employment, I plan on setting up Johnathan's old Newton as an NDPS
server using wireless. As a wanna-be writer, the Newton's a lot better
than the Palm or even my iBook for quick notes on the road.