[NTLK] electronics usage divided by price WAS WSJ article on shrinking warranties and disposable

From: SuerthP_at_andersonnews.com
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 09:20:57 EDT

that sparked a thought in my mind about product performance and price. we
all love that we can get a cheap 19" tv at target (wal mart sucks, but i
got there when i have to), but if we did the math, i bet james would be a
strong contender in the ring for dollars per hour of usage compared to
something one could buy today. now, to make this somewhat
'list-appropriate' one could compare the IBM c3 that can't even read
graffiti anymore versus the newton that can read *my* handwriting and we
have obervational proof of my hypotheosis... if others chime in with
corroborating proof supporting my hypothoesis and i just may have a
full-fledged theory! (these requirements are only from what i *remember*
about from scientific methodology, nothing more!)

orig msg below...