[NTLK] Nokia to newton

From: Daniel Padilla (daniel.padilla_at_wanadoo.es)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 17:46:57 EDT

>QUESTION 1***Okay, there i am again... Hope Daniel is munching
>happily on the cookies... while I am munching cables...

    Did you really send cookies?? :,-)

>I tried connecting my nokia 9110 to the newton.
>No answer from the nokia, nothing on the newton, that is, connected
>cables, right settings in the newton and the nokia, activated the
>modem in the nokia 9110, installed daniel's modem thing for the 6110,
>the newton starts ppp, phones the number of the provider, but answers
>to me that the nokia modem is not okay.
>
>Then I tried the PT100, no answer from the phone.

    Hmm. That's bad. Do you have any other way for testing a serial connection
to the phone? Maybe with a PC using HyperTerminal or with an older Mac.

>QUESTION 2*** Can I put mp3's in my newton without an ethernet card?

    There's a way for making a package that contains a MP3 song. If you have a
PC. (The source is just a couple of text files, if any Mac user out there
wants to convert it, just e-mail me)

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=102261083629900&w=2

    You can install the resulting package with NCU or whatever.

Daniel Padilla