[NTLK] eMate Backlight Wire Specs?

From: T.M. Camp (tmc_at_tmcamp.com)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 15:23:41 EDT

Well, after a week of searching around town, I finally found a Torx-8 wrench
and went to work opening my eMate to see what was up with the
backlight/screen problem I've been having.

Yup. Turns out the red wire is broken. Not too difficult to replace/patch,
although I'm wondering what the proper gauge/grade wire is and where I can
find it (assume Radio Shack). Anybody know the specs offhand or where I can
find them?

I also pulled off the back to see how the wires came through to the
motherboard (fortunately I had a Torx-10 as well). But I can't get any
further because the screws holding the board in place are factory tight and
I stripped one of them accidentally.

Any advice on how to remove/loosen it? I'd like to run the new wire through
without having to poke it from the top and wiggle it around for hours in the
hope it finds the right passage through to the other side.

Thanks,

T.M. Camp
---------
data: tmc_at_tmcamp.com