Re: [NTLK] Chess

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 12:47:40 EDT

On 16/07/02 12:37, "MuHammed Lonon" <mjl3781_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ok, please don't take this the wrong way but....
>
> WHY THE HECK DID YOU RESPOND AND not TELL ME WERE I
> MAY BE ABLE TO OBTAIN SAID PROGRAM!!!
>
> sorry bad day at the office, but I find this to be a
> common phenomenom(sp). that people will repond with
> all the info possible on a program EXCEPT where the
> heck it's at!!!!
>
> Ok sorry nevermind I am going to lunch now.
> but I would still like to know if anyone has it or
> where i can get it...i need coffee
>
> --- Laurent Daudelin <laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 16/07/02 11:10, "MuHammed Lonon"
>> <mjl3781_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone know of Freeware or "psuedo-freeware
>> chess
>>> game that will allow me to play against human or
>>> newton. Does Deep Green fall into this
>> category???
>>
>> Yes, it does.

HuHammed,

Yes, I think you need a large cup of coffee!!! Since you did mention
DeepGreen explicitely, I thought you already had it or knew where to get it.
For software, you can always count on UNNA <http://www.unna.org>. The actual
copy of DeepGreen you're looking for can be found at
<http://newyork.unna.org/unna/games/DeepGreen1.0b3/>.

Cheers!

-Laurent.

Green's Theorem prov.: [TMRC] For any story, in any group of people there
will be at least one person who has not heard the story. A refinement of the
theorem states that there will be exactly one person (if there were more
than one, it wouldn't be as bad to re-tell the story). [The name of this
theorem is a play on a fundamental theorem in calculus. --ESR]