Re: [NTLK] 3C589C EtherLink III PCMCIA 2.0.

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 10:13:17 EDT

on 7/15/02 2:17 PM, Chris Ruprecht at chrup_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> I was the original poster ... if you need the drivers, send me a message
> and I'll send them to you. I don't have the 2.2 drivers any more, but
> the 1.1 drivers work just as well, I don't see any difference, no speed
> difference and such.

Thanks. However, I already downloaded the driver from Farallon and modified
it and sent it to my friend.

He now has another problem. The card is now recognized by the Mac, and he
can set it up, but it doesn't send or receive any data. He then noticed that
the dongle has connections (?) for both 10x and 100x, which makes him wonder
if he has the correct dongle.

My question is, could I have done something wrong? Or is it possible that he
has the wrong dongle? What should it look like? Anybody have a digital pic
of this thing?

I must confess that I have a selfish motive in this. If he can get this
thing to work, we are considering a trade. I'll send him my Ethernet card
that does not work with my Newton, and he will send me this card that does.
:-) So, any help you all can give me will be greatly appreciated. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland