Re: [NTLK] Off Topic Question

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 12:03:32 EDT

Whoa!
I read through this thread (sorry, this came over the
weekend and I rarely get time to log into my computer
over the weekend...honey-doo list is getting smaller
and smaller though) and this is the only message you
should pay attention to.
Don't mean anything to any of the others on this list,
but La Green's advice is correct. The built-in disk
management can perform all services you need on your
installed mass-storage devices (and you have some
really powerful options!) You can even set up any
number of drives to be displayed as a single drive! I
have this on one of the Dells I have at work! I have a
10Gb drive in addition to the one that came with the
machine, but only have one drive letter. Really good
when you need to expand your drive space!

Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- LA GREEN <lagoff1_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> RIGHT CLICK ON MY COMPUTER, GO TO MANAGE, WHEN THE
> COMPUTER MANAGEMENT
> WINDOW POPS UP GO TO DISK MANAGEMENT. YOU SHOULD
> SEE ALL YOUR DRIVES. MORE
> THAN LIKELY THE ONE YOU CANT SEE IS UNFORMATED.
> FORMAT THAT DRIVE AND YOU
> SHOULD BE GOOD TO GO AFTER THAT.
>
> LAG
>

> >From: "Jeff Bakker" <stretch_at_hurontel.on.ca>
> >To: <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
> >Subject: [NTLK] Off Topic Question
> >Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 06:47:22 -0700
> >

> >Hi Everybody. I have a question for all you
> smarter than me people out
> >threre!
> >I am running as a second computer a Compaq Proliant
> 800 with dual 200mhz
> >pentium pro chips and 128meg of ram, dual 4.3 gig
> scsi drives, and Windows
> >2000 pro. The problem that I am having is that
> under the BIOS when the
> >computer is booting both drives show up as 0 and 1
> which is correct. When
> >the computer boots into Windoze and I go to My
> Computer only 1 drive shows
> >up. When I got to Control Panel and go to system
> and the to hardware
> >devices both drives show up under the Hard drives
> tab. Any ideas as how to
> >get the second drive picked up by windoze? Any
> help would be great.
> >Thanks
> >
> >Jeff Bakker
> >

> >--
> >Read the List FAQ/Etiquette:
> http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html
> >Read the Newton FAQ:
> http://www.guns-media.com/mirrors/newton/faq/
> http://www.newtontalk.net

> Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN
> Hotmail.
> http://www.hotmail.com
>

> --
> Read the List FAQ/Etiquette:
> http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html
> Read the Newton FAQ:
> http://www.guns-media.com/mirrors/newton/faq/

=====
"I believe that viewers who skip television commercials are Thieves who are guilty of Stealing network programming"
 - Jamie Keller CEO/Chairman Turner Broadcasting