Re: [NTLK] Cleaner pen

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 11:46:23 EDT

Hmmm, when searching at RadioShack, Here is what I
found. Do a search on part number: 910-3882
But unfortunately, that part isn't available at the
stores and is only available online.

I also looked at the part: 43-4340

I suspect that either of these two items would be fine
to use, although the first number would probably last
longer because it is not alchohol based.
But you will want to use abrasive cleaners minimally.
I don't know how this "felt" tip is for abrasivness,
but that is one of the advantages of the first part
number I list. It cleans oxydation via a chemical
process...
either way, I suspect that they both work similarly
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- IMNewtMan_at_aol.com wrote:
> Daylight Time,
> Newton2k1_at_mac.com writes:
>

> > Could you find out which chemical is released into
> the felt tip? Is
> > something printed on the case of the pen or the
> package if there was one?
> > --
> > With best regards / Viele Gruesse
> >

> The pen says it is Isopropanol (67-63-0) <I have no
> idea what the numbers
> mean but they are listed right after Isopropanal>
>
> Radio Shack Catalog number is 64-4340. Just an FYI.
>
> -Tom

=====
"I believe that viewers who skip television commercials are Thieves who are guilty of Stealing network programming"
 - Jamie Keller CEO/Chairman Turner Broadcasting