Re: [NTLK] 3C589C EtherLink III PCMCIA 2.0.

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 03:21:55 EDT

Jon Glass <jonglass_at_mac.com> wrote:

> 1. This is the model that works with the Newton,
> is it not?
   Yes, works well. You need the Farallon driver and 3comaddon, I believe.

> 2. Does this model of Ethernet card work with Macs?
   There weren't drivers released for it, but apparently the Mac driver for the Farallon EtherWave/EtherMac card (which was the same as the 3Com card except for a minor ROM variation) can be modified to allow this card to be used. I think someone recently outlined the procedure on the list ... check the archives.

Peter