Re: [NTLK] Off Topic Question

From: Chris Ruprecht (chrup_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 11:38:27 EDT

Use fdisk to delete the unknown partition on the second drive. Might be=20=

a Linux partition or something like that. Then go to your Control=20
Panel -> Admin tools and create the file systems you want on there. The=20=

drive doesn't show up under 'My Computer' until you have partitioned and=20=

formatted it correctly to work with Win2K.

Best regards
Chris
Newton,MacOS & Linux user by choice, Windogs, because I have to do that=20=

at work ...

On Sunday, July 14, 2002, at 10:49 , Jeff Bakker wrote:

> Both drives have the correct SCSI id's 0 and 1 and there is no RAID =
card
> installed. If I use a Windows 98 boot and then use FDISK I can see =
both
> drives. One is NTFS and the other is unknown system. Is there any=20
> software
> out there that can format thsi drive in NTFS or do i have to use FDISK=20=

> to do
> it the other way?
> Thanks
> Jeff Bakker
> PALM user and not happy about it:(
>

> --

Chris Ruprecht
Network Grunt and Bit Pusher Extraordina=EDre