Re: [NTLK] alternative interfaces - tou.

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Sat Jul 13 2002 - 17:14:00 EDT

On Saturday 13 July 2002 21:54, Woo Lee wrote:

> >There's disadvantages too:
> >The screen has possibly to be put horizontally or under a small angle
> > onto the desktop and would take much more space than a kbd and mouse.
>
> The screen is used just like the Newt., landscape and portrait.
> The amount of space used would be just a quarter inch around the screen
> = for support and to rest your hand(s).

An important matter to consider: modern touchscreens appear to be equally
sensitive to the human hand as to the stylus (at least my Palm's screen
responds to my fingertip just fine). Newton's touchscreen only responds to
stylus and fingernails. At first, this may seem a disadvantage for the
Newton, but size the screen up to A4 and you will find it fairly difficult
to write on it comfortably without somehow resting your hand somewhere on
the screen. For an 'old' Newton-like touchscreen there will be no problem,
but a 'modern' touchscreen will start to go all funky...

--
Jazz.

"Ceteris censeo Fenestras delendas." (Cato - de Terrore Portarum)