Re: [NTLK] NIE and OS

From: Stephanie Maks (newton_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 00:34:44 EDT

> Found out you need OS 717041 or higher for
> ethernet to work on MP2x00 or 737041 or higher on an eMate.
>
> Peter

I routinely use my wireless Lucent card with my patchless MP2100. It's
running 717006. I use this to connect to NCU and to print to the network
printer at the office. Prior to the Wavelan, I used a 3Com 3C589D. Also
worked fine with 717006.

However, I do not use my newton for internet (TCP-IP), and perhaps that's
what you need the higher patch for.

I do know there is one ethernet-card difference between 717006 and 717260
(the only other version I used on the MP2100). With 717006, you get a
spurious error message upon card insertion. It's an unnasigned variable
error, but it has no impact on card functionality. Just tap 'ok' or
whatever, and go ahead and use the card. This error is fixed with
subsequent patches.

-Stephanie