[NTLK] OT Podium Pad

From: Gregory J. Wayman (gwayman_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Jul 13 2002 - 00:48:53 EDT

I just purchased a "podium Pad" from the local Apple store for my
Powerbook. Highly
recommended! It swivels the PB to what ever angle you want, and angles
via a sorta-Lego-system.
And the PB runs much cooler , great product. www.roadtools.com

The guy that I bought it from was an ex-Newton rep and we had a great BS
session about
NewtonTalk and his Clear 110 (that he still has) and I told him one
recently went for $400 on
Ebay.....he was amazed.
I had my 2100 at my side and got a lot of "is that a Newton" and " Man,
it's big" and "I have never
seen one befores"

I told him about the Airport driver, and he wants me to come back and
try it at the store.
A lot of oooohh's and Ahhh's for a "dead" platform, Huh?

Another Apple Store employee, whipped out his Sony Clio and said "Your
gonna cry now"
(Whatever sez I) He proceeds to demo the built in camera feature by
taking a photo of us.
Then I asked him about the HWR. And I almost chocked when he demoed some
sort of a square
block that you have to block print into? What the hell is that all
about?

All in all a fun evening in an Air conditioned mall in 100 degree San
Jose, Ca.

Greg