[NTLK] [ANN] Newted Community Server Move Update

From: Grant [Contra Intuitive] Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 16:07:41 EDT

Newted Community Server Move Update

As you have may have noticed, the Newted Community server is still
running along quite fine, thank you very much. The swell folks at Webcore
Labs [1] were able to provide me with a temporary parking stall for both
this server and my own box full of sites [2]. Please be aware that this
doesn't mean that everything is back to normal. The currently situation
is that I no longer have a DSL connection at home, as my previous service
provider [3] finally yanked my last remaining IP address yesterday. And
because of the volume of new accounts being set up by my new provider [4]
(no doubt due to the fact that the parent company [5] of the
aforementioned ISP have royally screwed numerous other customers), I
won't have a connection or IP addresses in place until late next week.
When my new DSL account is activated, it will mean moving the Newted
Community server back to the cozy confines of my basement. Once again,
there will be a short period of time during which this server will not be
accessible, probably over the coming weekend.

Just thought you'd like to know what was going on.

Grant

[1] http://www.webcorelabs.com/
[2] http://www.splorp.com/
[3] http://www.cadvision.com/
[4] http://www.nucleus.com/
[5] http://www.telus.com/

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996. http://www.splorp.com/cam/
Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/
Online community web site handyman. http://www.newted.net/