[NTLK] Data from GradePoint

From: victor_at_newtontalk.net
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 12:38:24 EDT

Jim just said that you couldn't export the data from GradePoint using Sloup.

I just installed GradePoint and spent five minutes adding some fake data, and
then examining the soup structure with SBM Utils. It would be completely
possible to use Sloup to export the data to the Desktop. To make it useful,
one would have to track the links between the different soups that GradePoint
creates (one for students, one for settings, and one for each class it seems),
but it could be done.

If there are any teachers out there who would want such a tool to export and
view GradePoint data on Windows, e-mail me off-list and if there's enough interest (say, at least four) then I might thin=
k about writing such a tool.

-- Victor
(hope that my characters don't get munged...)