Re: [NTLK] article

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 12:27:18 EDT

>On 7/12/02 @ 12:32 AM, Joost van de Griek wrote:
>
>On 2002-07-10 17:55, "Sushi" <Sushi_at_ragingbull.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't think that it will be all that long before we see another Pen
>> type computer from Apple running Pen X.
>
>I doubt it. If Apple decide to build another PDA, it'll prolly be more like
>the iPod, which is running a dedicated OS that already has lots of
>(disabled) PDA features in it.
>
>As mentioned lots of times on this list, downsizing a desktop OS to run on a
>PDA is a Bad Thing (see: WinCE).

Please read all of my posts.

Never did I say that Pen X will be a downsized desktop OS.

I totally agree. The WinCE concept, for the most part in reference to
PDA's doesn't work well. You must use different apps, can't use full
scale desktop apps, etc.

Rather, Pen X will be the full X with pen enhancements added.

Already X would work well with a pen for the most part. Just need a few
tweaks here and there.

And X already contains Inkwell.

As for the timeframe for Apple to introduce a tablet computer, my bet is
the next MWNY a year from now.

This will give Apple a year to prove the Inkwell technology, and improve
X. By then the cost of a G3 powered tablet computer with decent memory
and HD will be much cheaper.

...yep, my bet is on next summer.

Then again, you never know about Apple. The iPod just came out of
nowhere.

Sushi