Re: [NTLK] Wireless Newton

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.net)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 03:02:26 EDT

on 11/07/02 02:30, Jon Glass at jonglass_at_mac.com wrote:

> on 7/10/02 8:02 PM, Laurent Daudelin at laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com
> wrote:
>
>> My printer is an Apple Personal LaserWriter NTR. It's PostScript level 2. It
>> is bridged to my Ethernet network, including my AirPort Base Station,
>> through an Asante's AsanteTalk.
>>
>> This is also baffling me and apparently, nobody has any solution...
>
> What speed is your network? I have a Pismo, and if I try to connect it
> directly to my Farallon EtherMac Multiprinter adapter, it doesn't work. If,
> on the other hand, I stick my Ethernet PC card into the computer, it does
> fine. My only guess is that my internal Ethernet port is too fast for my
> adapter. Did you say that this setup has worked in the past? I can't
> remember...

I have a router and a switch, both of them capable of autoswitching from 10
Mbits to 100 Mbits.

That never worked before because I've never tried my Newton wirelessly. It
should theorically work, but it doesn't...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:nemesys_at_cox.net

flamage /flay'm*j/ n.: [very common] Flaming verbiage, esp. high-noise, low-signal postings to Usenet or other electronic fora. Often in the phrase `the usual flamage'. `Flaming' is the act itself; `flamage' the content; a `flame' is a single flaming message. See flame, also dahmum.