Re: [NTLK] PCMCIA GPS Units....

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 02:28:37 EDT

In case of the GPS PCMCIA unit simulates a modem interface the chances are
good that the Newt will recognise it.

Nevertheless I would recommend you to consider a solution with a separate
GPS receiver (f.i. GPS mouse , Etrex or Garmin GPS12)
This has several advantages:
1) you can use the GPS receiver standalone (ETREX or GPS12)
2) you can connect your GPS receiver to any other computer (serial)
3) you save one PCMCIA slot in your Newt (for another memory card or a
modem/ethernet card)

Johannes