Re: [NTLK] Print edition of Programming For the Macintosh - online publication?

From: victor_at_newtontalk.net
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 15:22:29 EDT

Well, here are some answers:
1) The book is in some unwieldy HTML format with images=2E Like one secti=
on=20
per file=2E I think there are around 150 separate HTML files, at least=2E=
  And
without having the actual copy on CD, some features are useless (like sear=
ch
and easy navigation - the CD had some Java applet to do that or something =
-
Laurent can fill me in here)=2E So it would suck to do=2E You might be a=
ble
to link the pages together and compile it with Newt's Cape - you can=20
apparently do this with the LINK tag in the header to compile huge books
from many parts without running out of memory? See the LINK tag here:

http://mywebpages=2Ecomcast=2Enet/saweyer/newton/newtscape/docs/head=2Ehtm=

2) I don't think PaperBack would be an option here=2E Bookmaker might, bu=
you'd have to import the hundreds of HTML files into one huge file in a
word processor, make sure you get the images, remove the extra headers and=

footers, write some appropriate BookMaker markup, save as an RTF, compile
with BookMaker and hope it doesn't explode=2E =20

And I'll try and check that BookMaker corruption out=2E

-- Victor