Re: [NTLK] Apple Blacklists "Rumor Promoting" Publications..sosays Slasdhot

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 11:20:39 EDT

Mick Ring wrote:
> > Of course, for only $1000 they can now attend. Gee -- thanks.
>
> Huh? It only costs $35 to get into the show.

Hmmm... I was under the impression that the media/press got access to the
keynotes and Feature Presentations -- which is where most of the good news
comes from, I think. The $35 Exhibit Hall package does not include that.

Or am I wrong on that? Maybe the Media Passes do not get keynote access?
That seems odd to me...

> There were plenty of rumor sites (MOSR comes to mind) back then. What
> purpose would it have served? What advantage would you have gotten?

The guy was just talking about how they don't want leaks so that people
continue to buy the old product even though the new replacement is just around
the corner. I was just saying (jokingly, mainly) that if there were such
leaks about how close the MP2100 was, then people might have waited. I think
I've seen at least two people on this list that said they bought a MP2000
within a week (I think a DAY for one of them) before the MP2100 was released.
I think both said that they would have waited if they had known it was so
close.

That's the advantage that people would have gotten... But, again, that last
bit was a bit tongue-in-cheek anyway...

 - John...