Re: [NTLK] Battery Question

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 03:49:39 EDT

The common understanding is that this should not harm, ok.
NiMh rechargeables are known not to have a memory effect, so charging them
before they are low on charge will not cause degradation.
But nevertheless it is recommended from time to time to have a at least one
complete charge/discharge cycle.
I would say that it is really not necessary to leave it powered over night.
My practice is that I use my Newt with the power adaptor during work and the
rest of the time (also weekend) I use battery power.
But of course it depends on how much you use it during the weekend.

Johannes