[NTLK] Apple Blacklists "Rumor Promoting" Publications.. so says Slasdhot

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 02:11:43 EDT

Hi,

   I just found this interesting tidbit on Slashdot:

Apple Blacklists "Rumor Promoting" Publications Posted by CmdrTaco on
Sunday July 07

Billy_D_Goat writes "Talk about control, Apple has now decided it can
block users from recieving media passes at MacWorld Expo
(http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,338390,00.asp) It blacklists these
users by deciding if they run "rumor promoting" publications. This
includs the webmasters of sites which have little to do with rumors or
speculation such as Graphicpower.com. (http://www.graphicpower.com/)"
Probably just bitter cuz Steve's thunder seems to get stolen at every
show, and their lawyers can't seem to stop it ;)

See the whole story and the karma-comment show at
http://apache.slashdot.org/apache/02/07/07/1753208.shtml?tid=107 . I
wonder if this could ever come to mean Newtontalk? We're not a
'publication' exactly, but to the conspiracy theorist in me (the SMALL
conspiracy theorist thank you), this sounds like a "we (I - Steve J)
don't like you, so we'll just say you're "rumor promoting"..)

Jim