[NTLK] Emate Backlight Problem

From: T.M. Camp (tmc_at_tmcamp.com)
Date: Fri Jul 05 2002 - 10:42:07 EDT

Over the past day, I've discovered a problem with the backlight on my emate
and wondered if anyone else has seen this...

When I turn on the backlight it doesn't always come on, depending on the
angle of the screen. Anything further back than ninety degrees and the light
"whines" but it doesn't come on . . . and if I turn it on when the screen is
angled back, I can see distortion/interference on the screen display (a
broad blank band across the display that flickers while the light is on).

Any ideas on how to remedy this? Any ideas on how to open the case and poke
around a bit?

Thanks,

T.M. Camp
---------