Re: [NTLK] nushield (extreme opacity)

From: Patrick Jendraszak (indyibook_at_insightbb.com)
Date: Fri Jul 05 2002 - 07:24:23 EDT

In an earlier thread, Gary Moody wrote about a new source.

"Well, the visibility is very good, better than the WriteRights. There
is a bit of tradeoff...The 2nd generation of WriteRights had a non-glare
coating, which somewhat hindered visibility and clarity. The Strong
Engineering replacements have no more non-glare than the unprotected
screen, so the clarity and visibility is excellent. But, although
little empirical evidence has been collected thus far, the glare may be
somewhat of an issue in brightly lighted areas. More as testing
continues..."

I am still using my nushields, which I expect will last a few more
months. However, I did look at Strong Engineering's website. It is at
http://www.strongengineering.com. Perhaps if Gary is on the list, he
can give us an update of his testing.

Patrick

I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.

A Message from Patrick Jendraszak