[NTLK] Wireless newton

From: Mike (tuco_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Jul 05 2002 - 01:18:11 EDT

I have an Imac 800, a newton, and a cable modem connection. I was
connecting them through a asante friendlynet router and a 3com card and it
worked great. Now my router has died (long story, I adjusted it's settings,
forgot the password and can't reset it). So I have begun my search for a
new router and began thinking wireless.

I've read that a newton can be connected with a WaveLan card. My question
is does it also require a base station, or can I put an airport card in the
mac and a WaveLan in the newton and have them "talk"?

As far a wireless networks go which would be the cheapest route, while still
offering good performance? I don't want to spend $300 for an airport base
station and another $100 for the card, although I like the idea of using it
in case I buy another laptop in the future.

Mike

Also, still looking for a used copy of NS Basic and/or NewtCard