Re: [NTLK] is there a way to move the folders from one newt to another?

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.net)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 21:59:30 EDT

on 03/07/02 18:33, Dan at dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com wrote:

> Hello all,
> I was wondering if there is a way to move all the folder info to another
> newt. I am "moving in" to a 2100 and while I can do it manually that is
> anoying at times. I know that the info is stored in the system soup (and I
> think user defs is the slot name, have to look to be sure though). Anyway
> to move just the slot over? Or better yet some little utility that can do
> it easier?

There is no utility that I'm aware of to move folders from a store to
another store, or Newton. You could try to move the system soup entry from
the internal of your Newton to an external card, but I'm not sure it will
work, since you can, I think, move entries only from one soup to another
soup. AFAIK, there is no system soup entries on a card, so I don't think you
would be able to find a system soup on an external RAM card.

What you could do would be to backup the system soup with NCU and then
restore on the destination Newton.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:nemesys_at_cox.net

bozotic /boh-zoh'tik/ or /boh-zo'tik/ adj.: [from the name of a TV clown even more losing than Ronald McDonald] Resembling or having the quality of a bozo; that is, clownish, ludicrously wrong, unintentionally humorous. Compare wonky, demented. Note that the noun `bozo' occurs in slang, but the mainstream adjectival form would be `bozo-like' or (in New England) `bozoish'.