Re: [NTLK] Streaming Audio Links

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 13:39:36 EDT

Actually, with MadMax installed on a Newt, any
Shoutcast stream can be played on your Newt.
I, personally, have a server that I am streaming audio
using Shoutcast and it plays back on my Newt without a
problem.
Although, if you have a RAM card set to store all new
data on the card, the audio stream will skip and
hiccup. I have found that if you change to store all
new data internally, the audio stream is
smoother...Unless, your RAM card is powered...Powered
RAM cards are much, much faster than non-powered.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- IMNewtMan_at_aol.com wrote:
> Now that I have the WaveLAN driver working with my
> Linksys card, can list
> members post some of their favorite streaming audio
> links? There was a post
> recently with some links, but I have yet to locate
> it in the archives.
>
> Thanks!
> -Tom

=====
"I believe that viewers who skip television commercials are Thieves who are guilty of Stealing network programming"
 - Jamie Keller CEO/Chairman Turner Broadcasting