Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Second PrintPack 2.0 and 3COM x-jack Ethernet pool open!

From: Woody (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 19:50:08 EDT

 Thanks Ken
I tried the HP Apple serial to parallel device with an Epson 670 and it
didn't work. So I am ordering the PrintPack.
Woody

Ken Whitcomb wrote:
Woody,

I have a printer cable sold by HP that allows a Mac serial port to connect
to the parallel port of an HP Deskjet printer. I presume this is the same
thing that you saw in the store. Since the cable I have came with a floppy
disk with the drivers for HP Deskjet printers, I'm presuming you'll still
need an epson driver for your printer. Sorry if this is not helpful enough.

Ken Whitcomb

I was recently in a used computer store and saw a device that is
supposed to make hp deskjet printers compatable with the serial port on
a Mac. Does anyone know if this will work between my Newton 2000 and my
eposn stylus color 600, or are there drivers that will allow me to its
apple serial port with my Newton?