Re: [NTLK] You know your a Newton power user when.........

From: Anton Balaban (balaban_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 17:53:25 EDT

Michael Wittmann <wittmannmichael_at_mac.com> wrote

> Hey, that's not funny! A friend of mine has a 2 1/2 year old son who can
> already spell and read and write. He spells out words with his fingers
> in the air. When he messes one up (he's picky about handwriting, even
> when there's no LINE to see), he wipes the air, and starts over.

In the rare occasion when I draw something for my 3 year old son on paper
(I usually use Newt for this purpose) he asks me: "Daddy, poof it" to make
more room on the sheet :-) I also found a good game-like way to teach him
to read with the Newt - in sketches mode I write a big letter (say, A),
then he asks me: "Daddy, make a small A", doubletap, and HWR makes a "small
A" as requested :-) Unfotunately some letters in Russian alphabet do not
have equivalents in Latin, so HWR goes weird on them, but my son doesn't
care, he loves "the magic" :-)

Anton Balaban