Re: [NTLK] poutine rendezvous, was: Poutine [Was: Newton Data Browser question]

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.net)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 02:21:26 EDT

on 02/07/02 01:38, Pedro Hobbyfrazoo at pjfraser_at_mac.com wrote:

> aw! we arrive in NY on August 4, and will probably go up to Montreal
> for baseball on the 13, 14, or 15 of that month...
>
> we cross the border at Cornwall, i think, then up the 401 to Montreal -
> any poutine stops to recommend on the way?

I don't know that area very well. The cheddar cheese curds were invented to
the east of Montreal, right in the back country of Quebec, so you would have
more chance traveling east. But use the recommendations from a previous
poster, where you need to stop is small towns and look for a "cantine", or a
very small restaurant.

-Laurent.