Re: [NTLK] Newton Data Browser question

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 15:23:15 EDT

On 01/07/02 15:14, "Robert Benschop" <rbenschop_at_mac.com> wrote:

> on 01-07-2002 8:19, Charles Daghlian at cdaghlian_at_mac.com wrote:
>
>> The Newton that is having trouble also has trouble (the same trouble) with
>> Dock and NCU and X-Port. If there is a driver problem on the bad Newton, any
>> idea which driver it might be?
>
> So did you ever try to make a backup of this Newt (if that is still
> possible) and do a brain wipe, doesn't sound like it's in great shape...
>
>> (Aside: From this list I am lead to believe that some folks actually
>> eat poutine. Is this true? An acquired taste, eh?)
>
> Trying to revive an old off topic topic again ?
>
> But why acquired taste ? I loved my first poutine and will keep eating them
> for a long time to come (in moderation though ;-)

Same here! I'm looking forward to go to Quebec this summer and find a place
that servers the "genuine" poutine!

-Laurent.

Godwin's Law prov.: [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the
probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There
is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over,
and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was
in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an
upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a
widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law
in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.