Re: [NTLK] IrDA to powerbook (OS 9/Linux)

From: Chris Ruprecht (chrup_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 12:38:00 EDT

Hi Till,

Uhmm - yes, that might work, although, I don't know what that program can=
 do.=20
Can you install packages with that?

Oh - and I switched away from MacOS [ANY] with my PowerBook for now (unti=
l I=20
get the darn thing to dual boot OS X from a FireWire drive). I'm now runn=
ing=20
YellowDog Linux 2.2 and eventually get the speed I expect. Any Newton=20
Software for Backups and Restore which will work here?

Best regards,
Chris

On Monday 01 July 2002 11:05, Till wrote:

> There is a way ;)
>
> http://www.tempel.org/newton/index.html#DILplugin
>
> Newton DIL Tester by Thomas Tempelmann. Works like a charm for me.
> With and OS 9, that is. No luck with OS X so far. No software on the
> Newton required, you can just use Dock to connect to DIL Tester.
>
> Regards
> Till

--=20
Chris Ruprecht
Network Grunt and Bit Pusher Extraordinaire
Gainesville, Florida, USA