Re: [NTLK] any hardware hackers here?

From: speedy2 (speedy2_at_dag.net)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 00:34:52 EST

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Stephanie Maks wrote:

> I haven't yet had the "opportunity" to check my theory, but would a
> metallic gel pen traced over a trace work to bridge a hairline break in
> that trace, or perhaps to do the same on a mylar+copper "ribbon" cable?

It would as long as the conductor in the ribbon cable were exposed and not
encased in the mylar(i.e. insulated from the pen's ink).

You can also repair these cables with standard wire wrap wire and solderl.
The most critical issue is to keep the tip temperature between 300 & 400
degF. Normal soldering iron tips keep around 750-850 degF.

This site has some more detailed info:
http://ape.com/q-1.htm

Note: I do not run the site nor do I work for the people who do.

Thanks,
Speedy2.