[NTLK] Zaurus in Germany: Port NOS?

From: eric engle (engleerica_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 08:25:59 EST

Sharp is releasing a new PDA in Germany: it will be
out in february, and runs for around 700 euros (tax
included?). Which is under 1000 US dollars.

The SL 5500 G looks to me like the e-Zaurus: built in
keyboard. Strong Arm at 206 megaherz. It runs under
linux

Here's some URLs (in German).

http://www.focus.de/G/GN/gn.htm?snr=100843&streamsnr=241
http://www.sharp.de/index2.htm
http://www.sharp.de/10/pdf/pda/pda-produktdaten.pdf

Color screen, 16 rom 64 ram.

IRDA port...

Type II PCM flash cardslot! Just like our green
friend!

MY QUESTION IS: Would it be possible to port NOS onto
this?

I have NTK and know pascal but am a beginner at
newtonScript.

Since the Zaurus and the Newton were co-developed and
since this runs a strongarm chip (SA 1110 206 mhz) I
really want this to be possible. I even want it to be
what apple eventually releases in the US as NewTon
II...

Anyway those are my dreams. Does anyone have a clue
whether it would be possible?

=====
My Web sites:
http://www.geocities.com/engleerica/ (law)
http://www.geocities.com/newtontechspecs (Newton!)
Losers are winners if they've got no enemies.