Re: [NTLK] NCU-like software native MacOS X: what prevents it

From: Andre Baron (abaron_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 04:42:29 EST

The flopy has been dead for ages! It's frankly, useless. My mom works in a
school, and only has a -6100 to use there, but she doesn't use the floppy
after the last time it ate her report cards, if she wants to transfer things
home she emails 'em, and vice versa. Besides, you speak as if the the
floppy has been JUST removed from the new macs, its been gone for 3 YEARS
since the first iMac came out. In the begining I sold a lot of floppy
drives with the unit, now, maybe 1 or 2 in a month. Even on my peecee
laptop the only time I've used the floppy drive is because I couldn't get it
to boot of CD to install Win2k

Andre