[NTLK] Re - repairs

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 17:32:06 EST

> Frank strives to maintain that he is not a professional, but he is FAR
from
> "un" professional...
> I have full confidence in sending items to him, "just to look at it" -- my
> 130 came back fully repaired!

Well, this was only the result of all the beer money you enclosed. After
that much beer I am regularely not my usual self, and in this state I'm
sometimes lucky
if I attempt to fix things. Of course, another theory is that in these
situations
the gadgets have a tendency to give up more easily because they want to get
away from my breath as fast as possible.

Earnestly: I try to avoid being mentioned in the same sentence as Dr.
Newton.
Let alone "advertising" myself that way.
Dr. Newton is someone who, apart from being a nice guy, is a
professional with all the knowledge, all the tools and all the spare parts
required
for fast, efficient and excellent service. I would never even think of
upgrading
my UMP2k myself as long as he is providing that service.
Myself... well, you can imagine myself as the guy sitting in the bamboo hut
at
the end of the world. His tools being a vice, a screwdriver and hope.
A mixture of luck, half-knowledge and persistence
helps him fix surprisingly (even for himself) many things, but hardly ever
in a
professional way. I just can't imagine Dr. Newton glueing a piece of wood to
a specific spot beneath the mainboard because experience shows this is what
stops the stupid contrast problem 130's often develop.

Frank

Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de