Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V2 #80

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 16:16:09 EST

On 29/01/02 16:05, "GSS" <sears_at_bigfoot.com> wrote:

> I have a powerbook 170 and I would like to hook it up to my pc network at
> home what do I need and where can I get it. The power book is used to backup
> and install programs on my newton. I have a cable modem connected to
> linksys router

I think you would need something like an Asante EN-SC, which will provide
your 170 Ethernet access through its SCSI port.

You should maybe consider joining the PowerBook mailing list at
<http://www.lowendmac.com/lists/powerbooks.shtml>.

-Laurent.

fascist adj.: [common] Said of a computer system with excessive or annoying
security barriers, usage limits, or access policies. The implication is that
said policies are preventing hackers from getting interesting work done. The
variant `fascistic' seems to have been preferred at MIT, poss. by analogy
with `touristic' (see tourist or under the influence of German/Yiddish
`faschistisch').