Re: [NTLK] serial console

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 10:37:20 EST

at the temporal coordinates: 1/29/02 10:21 AM, the entity known as Jake at
newton_at_10k.org conveyed the following:

> I would love to use my newton as a serial console and control and boot
> servers, however the single serial port means no keyboard when connected.
> Would any of the IR keyboard out there work with the newton? any other
> suggestions?

Another possibility to consider is to use a modem card. I don't really
recall the details of doing this sort of direct machine-to-machine
connection, but I know that at one time I did something similar to get info
from a PC to a Mac, but that was back when dinosaurs roamed the earth...

- Eric.