[NTLK] e-Mate Hell

From: Ryan Dorman (rwdorman_at_marauder.millersville.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 00:12:50 EST

Hi all-

   I havn't spoken up much lately as i Hav been enjoying the discussion...
but i seeme to have found myself in emate hell... I bought an emate on
ebay a fewmonths ago to suppliment my 2100 in the classromm (the 2100
keyboard was too noisy and the dongle kept being ugly) I bought one that
was in INCREDIBL condition (origianl manuals, repalcement styluses, etc
etc etc) and they guy claimed that he replaced the battery with the higher
rated Nimh cells.. i was thrilled.. all was well.. for a while... last
semester the emate stareted radnomly turning off in the middle of me
working on it... tit woudl then take a while to convince it to come back
on...this grew worse much like a cronic disease until wit has come to
where it is now.. with the emate on the power adapter it resets
constantly.. about once ever 3-5 minutes.. boots all the way u, sit sther
and does again EVEN WITH THE LID CLOSED!! The funny part about all this
is that when it boots back up it displays the error message "Sorry a
problem has occured (4)" I couldn't find the 4 error code anywhere and
this is just getting frusterating.. my emate, formarly my best freind is
reduced to the status of a senile reative in the corner making noise every
now and then. I have treid all sorts of combvinations of short resets,
long resets and hard resets.. i'm out of guesses.. i woudl have thought if
it were the battery then it woudl just nt work without the pwer adapter
(which it doesn't even though with it plgged in it says it is charging)
but wthe resttting WITH the power adapter has me for a loop. if anyone
has any suggestions to bring my baby back i'd appriciate it.. or if you
know a good exorcist.

Ryan Dorman
rdorman_at_321.net