[NTLK] [ANN] NBRC

From: Anton Balaban (antonbal_at_mail.ru)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 20:22:57 EST

Dear List!

I'm happy to announce a new application called NBRC. This app may be of
interest for Russian-speaking (well, rather Russian-reading :) Newton
users. The purpose of NBRC is to take output files of Newton Book Maker
which contain Russian texts in Win1251 encoding and transform all Russian
characters to Unicode. Then you can compile this file with NTK and get a
newton book with Russian text presented as unicode.
NBRC is Java application that runs from command line, so Mac users will
need JBindery app from Apple's MRJ SDK in order to use it. Mac Users will
also need some text converter to change encodig of source files from
MacCyrillic to Windows1251 (NBRC works only with Win1251 so far, support of
other encodings promised for future versions).
NBRC was written by Russian Newton user known to me as vertrager
<vertrager_at_mtu-net.ru>, so if you have some questions you may ask him
directly (although I'm not sure that mr vertrager speaks English) or send
them to me <antonbal_at_mail.ru>

NBRC and it's source code could be downloaded from:

<http://www.newt.nm.ru/Downloads/NBRC.sit>
or
<http://www.newt.nm.ru/Downloads/NBRC.zip>
(Beware, readme files are in Russian)