Re: [NTLK] Increasing font size in books

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 16:20:36 EST

> Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 13:33:33 -0500
> From: "Fred Buecker" <tfbiii_at_nbscomputers.net>
>

> On this whole Newton Book issue. Am I correct in assuming the Newton
> Press and "Paperback" are the only tools for making a Newton Book?
>
> I'm new to Newton Books... OK, I'm new to all things Newton... and am
> just trying to get more info. Did anyone ever make any type of plug-in
> for a WP that would allow docs to be saved as PKG's? I've been reading
> FOTR, but it's riddled with spelling and punctuation errors that can
> only be attributed to sloppy tools for getting it into it's final form.
>
> Are there any tools for converting any P*!m books or docs over to Newt?

as Victor just pointed out (and I suspected), a lot of this should be
addressed in the FAQ.

but briefly,
Paperback has its own reader;
those 'books' are completely different from "Newton books".

to create Newton books: Newton Press, Bookmaker, Newt's Cape

to create Newton books from Palm DOC books, you can use the PilotDoc plugin
for Newt's Cape (and you can save it as a .pkg on Newton using NewtPack
plugin)

--
Steve
  weyer_at_kagi.com