Re: [NTLK] Windows (blech!) theme?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 14:30:37 EST

On 28/01/02 14:01, "McComb Keith" <KMcComb_at_nycboe.net> wrote:

> I use Windows 98 and XP at my job (and at home on one of my machines,
> darnit!), and I was wondering if anyone had developed a Newton based
> theme? I grabbed that wonderful backdrop image (and am using right
> now), but I'd love to have a theme for the desktop. If not, can anyone
> point me at good Windows programs for creating icons and themes?
>
> Keith McComb
>
> If it's not on fire, it's a software problem.

There is a nice "Theme" application I'm using at work called "WindowBlinds"
which can uses various "skins", like Mac OS X, NeXT, Java, etc. I thought
there was a Newton theme, but I don't seem to find it right now.

You can get more info at <http://www.windowblinds.net/>.

-Laurent.

COBOL /koh'bol/ n.: [COmmon Business-Oriented Language] (Synonymous with
evil.) A weak, verbose, and flabby language used by card wallopers to do
boring mindless things on dinosaur mainframes. Hackers believe that all
COBOL programmers are suits or code grinders, and no self-respecting hacker
will ever admit to having learned the language. Its very name is seldom
uttered without ritual expressions of disgust or horror. One popular one is
Edsger W. Dijkstra's famous observation that "The use of COBOL cripples the
mind; its teaching should, therefore, be regarded as a criminal offense."