Re: [NTLK] Increasing font size in books

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 12:03:45 EST

I've made books in two different applications.
Paperback and Newton Press. Books created in Paperback
have the ability to have their font's changed by the
reader to use any font on the Newton. Books created in
Newton Press cannot. The font is set when the book is
created. Paperback has the unique ability to work on
all Newts and will resize the book to take up the
entire screen, plus it has font changing abilities.
Newton Press has the distinction of being able to
index the text which makes larger books, or reference
material easier to read.
So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that the answer
to your question is, it all depends on what
application created the book!
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://65.84.243.167 (my NPDS server)

--- Igor Skrastins <iskrasti_at_tvsw.org> wrote:

> Does anyone know how to increase the font size in
> Newton books? I am having
> difficulty reading the small type on many of the
> books I have downloaded on
> my MP2100....the first books I downloaded were the
> Lord of the Rings trilogy
> and I was able to increase the font style and size
> for greater ease of
> reading on those (yes,I have old, tired eyes that
> need as much help as
> possible). Thanks for any help.
>
> Igor Skrastins iskrasti_at_tvsw.org

=====