Re: [NTLK] Ethernet:say it ain't so,joe

From: Stephen Jendraszak (stevehj_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Jan 27 2002 - 02:02:35 EST

The reason that it is so, in part, is that the Newton and the Mac both
already had support for AppleTalk built-in. This made writing the
software somewhat easier for Apple. On the other hand, to let a Newton
communicate with Windows over ethernet, they would have had to ship some
kind of AppleTalk support for Windows, or build another network
interface (Window Networking) into the Newton. So they never even
attempted the project. It is possible that they had plans to, but you
may recall that Newton development came to a rather sudden stop.

sj

http://homepage.mac.com/stevehj