Re: [NTLK] The Joy of EtherTalk Backups...

From: Aron Hsiao (thoth_at_leapdragon.net)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 14:19:03 EST

On Friday 25 January 2002 05:34 am, you wrote:
> Aron Hsiao [thoth_at_leapdragon.net] wrote the following
2002-01-25 02.31:
> > buy
> > a $10 68k mac from some thrift store just for the
> > ROM...
>
> aron, maybe you can post the ROM to UNNA? i dont think
> apple will disagree if it wil be in the basilisk/PC
> connectivity folder :)

Well... considering the fact that the author of BasiliskII
seems very worried about distributing a ROM, I don't think
I"d be comfortable doing it either.

However, it seems that nearly any 040-based Mac and many of
the 030 macs have a ROM that will work; these things are
routinely going on eBay for $5-10, so it shouldn't be too
expensive to get a ROM image. Or you could always try the
filesharing networks, I'm sure there are at least a couple
of Mac ROMs floating around, considering the apparent
popularity of BasiliskII.

-Aron