Re: [NTLK] Paul Guyot???

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 13:28:28 EST

>But since I knew he has been very tired recently, and since I agree that we
>haven't heard from him lately, 1 and 1 producing 2, I thought that maybe he
>decided to take some well deserved vacation and where else would you go, but
>to the Cote d'Azur??? ;-D

Umm. Well, I still deserve vacation, but I have to be present in each
of my universities for exams (ends on Wednesday) (and vacations won't
occur before Easter).

Recently, I have been working on providing backup/connection support
for Newtons on MacOS [X] & other platforms.
It works on MacOS (TCP/IP, AppleTalk, IrDA, MNP Serial) for several
days and latest build works for backup on MacOS X over TCP/IP
(package installation seems to fail). Unfortunately, I haven't seen
it myself, because I have troubles with MacOS X (when I log in with
another account than the first one I created (for example, my own
account), it crashes and brings me back to the login screen and then
whatever account I chose, it waits for eons saying "opening session",
I created a new account, same problem).
To add with MacOS X problems, apparently, I can't debug (I run
DebugNub Controller, say start, but netstat doesn't reveal anything
listening on the port and CW can't find it), so this process is slow,
and I have the awful feeling of wasting my time. (anyway, I can't
technically type in MacOS X, it was just to debug, as typing in CW is
slower than a SSH session accross the atlantic under MacOS with some
packet loss).
Additionally, under MacOS X, my SCSI hard drive where all my work is
sometimes does weird sounds, and if I let the CD-burner on, it won't
be recognized at all. I'm not particularly fond of these things as
the previous drive died while I was trying MacOS X (installed on it,
this time X is on the internal drive).

Also, on the contrary to Newton cross-development, MacOS development
on this machine doesn't mean huge compilation time, and therefore,
less time to answer mails.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/