Re: [NTLK] Resistant thermistor

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 03:10:59 EST

Sorry for making the things even more confusing:
but a thermal switch (for instance a very simple mechanical solution with bi-metal contact)
would do the job of what you call a self resetting thermal fuse.
A pure thermal fuse would simply blow and not reset to normal function.
But without having the data sheet of the device itself or opening (and destroying it) we have no chance to
know waht is really in it.
In my experience you will find in most cases a quite simple solution - thats why I think it is a thermal switch.

Johannes