Re: [NTLK] Airport on Newton

From: Jim Richter (paparichter_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 13:56:54 EST

>> The key to connecting under Airport 2.0 is being able to make a TCP/IP
>> connection. Any suggestions how this can be done?
>
> With a new driver. Hirochi's beta driver doesn't associate itself with
> NIE. That part wasn't written.

That's what I was wondering. However, Hirochi's site did say that he
got the Lucent beta driver to work with both AppleTalk and TCP/IP, so I
thought that maybe it did associate with NIE. (Direct quote from
Hirochi's site: 06/03/2001
TCP/IP and AppleTalk did work under Ad-hoc mode.)

>> With a regular ethernet card inserted in the Newton, is it possible to
>> make a TCP/IP connection without any software enhancements?
>
> What do you mean by "software enhancements"? For Dock, you need TT's
> TCP/IP Dock transport. There's no built-in support for that.

Again, that's what I was wondering. I just wanted to make sure that
there was no way to make a TCP connection via ethernet without TT's
TCP/IP Dock transport.

Finally the question remains, how do I set up the Newt to utilize the
TCP/IP dock transport? Do I need to do anything other than enter the IP
address in the setup slip for the TCP/IP dock transport? I keep getting
-16022 errors. I know what this means when its regarding a modem, but
what about an ethernet card? All of NIE is installed correctly and I
have previously made ethernet connections via AppleTalk.

Jim R.